- Heterosexual, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender works are considered normal and equal here. Voiced opinions to the contrary are not welcome.
- Be nice, strive for maturity and respect, don't act like a creeper.
- Bigotry and hate-speech among commenters will be considered a ban-able offence.
- Derogatory comments made in ignorance, that seem to not have hateful intent, will simply be deleted.
- Repeat offenders will be warned or banned.
- You may politely discuss these topics but don't argue over shipping or things like Sheik's gender.
- Aka: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
- Please let me know if I miss an inappropriate comment so I may delete it.
- Please let me know if and why you think something should not be posted here. You may have a consideration I have failed to realize. (AKA: I am often an idiot)
- If you would prefer to make your thoughts on an issue private; email me (contact info below) instead of leaving a comment.
This blog is run by myself, Melora of History of Hyrule. If you need to contact me, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like your adult Legend of Zelda material posted here, merely email me at the above address.
- Fanworks only. Literature and Traditional Art is accepted, Cosplay featuring anything more than kissing is not accepted.
- Do not send me any work that does not follow Blogger's content guidelines. (posted below)
- Do not send any work that would not be legal in the United States.
- All characters used in sexual, or sexually suggestive, situations must be depicted, or understood to be, adults. Characters like Saria must be in a non-canonical situation: that is to be adults that are (or would be considered to be) 18 years of age or older.
- Please do not submit visual works with Midna's imp-form. It possibly appears too child-like, which might be construed as non-adult to people unfamiliar with the series.
- If you are in doubt on what is okay to send, please just comment or contact me and ask.
- Works featuring mutually consensual acts of romance or lust are encouraged.
- No rape art: This blog is NOT for work featuring non-consensual acts.
- Anything from just kissing, or heavy petting, all the way up to the most hard-core of acts, is possibly acceptable. Art that has no romantic theme at all is not going to be accepted.
- Try to make sure your art is nicely finished, cropped, and all that. Sketches are great, but at least crop them and maybe combine a few into one image.
- I try to err on the side of caution when posting content: So please do not take it personally if I do not post something you send in. It doesn't mean I'm judging you, it means I have constraints to consider.
- Include the a name you would like me to credit you with. (Feel free to use an alias)
- Attach the work to the email, a link is fine if an attachment isn't possible.
- A url to the original work if it exists. (optional)
- Up to 3 additional sites of yours that you would like me to link to. (optional)
- Any information you would like me to post with the work (provide it in a copy and paste-able format)
- Send pictures as .jpg's, png's, or gif's only.
- No rar's please, zip's are fine.
- Send fanfics as a "normal" size, times new roman, font. Send them either as text in the body of the email, or as a more simple kind of text document. Please only use the formatting: bold, italic, indent, and bullets are also acceptable. This is all because I can just copy and paste it that way.
- Exceptions can be made, but ask for them sparingly and/or use common sense. Many of the things I ask: I ask simply because I do not have a lot of spare time. The more you can do to streamline things for me, the more functional this blog will stay.
As a courtesy, all work posted should have text based content warnings before any Not-Safe-For-Work imagery. If I make a mistake and forget to do this, please let me know what needs to be fixed.
A warning: Cuts do not work the same in the mobile view. Once you click on a post from the main view, the whole post will then show up. Nothing will be behind a cut. Because of this we will try to be extra careful to add a content warning to the first sentence of a post.
To browse the blog's content, use the labels found on the side bar. If you would like to avoid certain kinds of content, such as violent or hardcore porn, please ONLY use the labels that start with the word "content." I bring this up because clicking on the labels such as "Comics" or "Parings" will still take you to any of the various levels of mature material.
Blogger's Content Policy as of the creation of the Blog:
Adult Content: We do allow adult content on Blogger, including images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity. But, please mark your blog as 'adult' in your Blogger settings. Otherwise, we may put it behind a 'mature content' interstitial.
There are some exceptions to our adult content policy:
- Do not use Blogger as a way to make money on adult content. For example, don't create blogs where a significant percentage of the content is ads or links to commercial porn sites.
- No incest or bestiality content: We do not allow image, video or text content that depicts or encourages incest or bestiality.
- Child pornography: We will terminate the accounts of any user we find publishing or distributing child pornography. We will also report that user to law enforcement.
- Pedophilia: We do not allow content that encourages or promotes sexual attraction towards children. For example, do not create blogs with galleries of images of children where the collection of images or text accompanying the images is sexually suggestive.
The basic story behind this blog:
If you didn't know, I was posting 18+ comics to History of Hyrule's LJ group. Honestly? Most of it was crap that just icked me out. I will pretty much post any art that is legal, whether I personally like it or not, simply because of the fact that it IS technically art and I don't believe in artistic censorship. But, though it only seems to be a small part of the fandom; there's still this very abusive rape culture in fan-comics and VERY few romantic or consensual Zelda comics. That bums me out. A few of the really graphic ones are actually more like commentaries on how rape is awful, but most are just rape-y for the sake of being rape-y.
Every time I posted something like that... I couldn't help but think how much I'd love to see that outweighed by consensual, even romantic, adult material.
So, anyway, after an update featuring some adult comics that were somewhat disturbing, I was talking to someone on Tumblr about it -they mentioned something that sparked my interest: To do an "open challenge to Zelda fandom to draw smut doujinshi that is 100% consensual." I realized I was all "HELL YEAH!" about that and that I wanted to work on getting it organized. Since a place to post and host that kind of content was the first step; here we are!
The Title, "Smut"
This blog will feature what is generally considered both "Porn" and "Smut," though it will be geared more towards a female and neutral audience.
From UrbanDictionary: Smut is a writting style that is sexually explicit and generally associated with females. Basically porn aimed towards women. The difference between porn and smut:
- Porn: Usually has very little plot line and is extremely sexually explicit. Mostly watched or 'read' for the pictures. Aimed towards men.
- Smut: Highly developed stories with love lines and other things that appeal to women that also include a lot of sexually explicit scenes. Can be in comic form, or in written form (as in romance books)